ST-10 150W X 2 STEREO AMPLIFIER
ST-10 150W X 2 STEREO AMPLIFIER
NuPrime's Reference LE (near-reference)stereo power amplifier for listeners who require a reference-class amplifier at a somewhat lesser power rating of 2 x 150W (8 Ohm).
NUPRIME ST-10 TM
NuPrime DAC-10H DAC/pre-amp and ST-10 power amp are both selected by “The Absolute Sound” on-line journal (TAS) as the top picks of affordable High-end Audio components for 2015, and included in the corresponding TAS Buyers Guide published. Seven Stone, TAS editor has conducted a detailed review on both products, and the following are extracts of his conclusion:
"...over the years I’ve reviewed and used plenty of digital power amplifiers from Bel Canto, Wyred4Sound, April Music, and others, and I appreciate what a well-designed model can bring to a system. And it happens that the ST-10 is the best digital power amplifier I’ve heard to date...
"......Within their product categories the DAC-10H DAC/preamp and ST-10 basic power amplifier are priced at the lower mid-level, yet they both deliver a level of performance that could be considered exemplary regardless of their cost. The DAC-10H has the capabilities, sound, and feature set that should keep it current for a number of years, while the ST-10 produces a level of sound quality that unless you absolutely must have more power output capabilities, will make “upgrading” to anything but a far pricier and more powerful amplifier more of a sideways proposition than an upward one…
The ST-10 amplifier is NuPrime's Reference LE (near-reference) stereo power amplifier for listeners who require a reference-class amplifier at a somewhat lesser power rating of 2 x 150W (8 Ohm). NuPrime’s sonic character stands well apart from – and indeed above – the soft, cushy sound we often associate with most tubed amplification and the dry, clinically edgy sound we often associate with solid-state and switching technology. Rarely does an amp achieve an ideal balance of richly textured timbres and harmonics, bottom-end authority, startling dynamics, exquisite low-level detail, and a fully revealed, fully dimensional sound stage against a backdrop of mile-deep silence.
The “LE” of Reference LE designates near-reference-class performance. The fourth generation (V4 amplifier module) of this patented amplifier design outperforms its predecessor in several aspects:
- It lowers the noise floor by an astounding 20dB and elevates the output stage to 85% efficiency.
- Shortened circuit pathways result in a 20% improvement in through-put.
- Highly reliable under no-load condition and enhanced short circuit protection.
- Increased output current drive capability for low impedance speakers.
- Increased switching frequency to 700 KHz and an improved musical sampling rate.
- Improved S/N ratio and dynamic range.
- New linear power supply with a high-efficiency toroidal transformer. Reduced high-frequency noise and strengthened low-frequency performance.
- Signal path avoids cross-linking capacitors, thus achieving a frequency response at DC level for pure musical enjoyment.
- Enhanced even-order harmonic (H2) circuitry resembling the most attractive features of tubed-amp sound without its drawbacks and limitations.
The Nuprime Sound
- Vast soundstage
- Wide, lightning-fast dynamics
- Ultra-low distortion and noise
- Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact.
- Input: RCA:Un-Balanced input x 2;
- XLR:Balanced input x 2
- Output: Stereo Speaker x 2
- Power Output:150W x 2 at 8 Ohms; 150W x 2 at 4 Ohms
- Input Impedance: 23.5k Ohms (12V trigger input. It can use any standard male to male 3.5mm )
- Sensitivity: 0.89 V to rated power
- THD+N: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: 0 Hz to 50kHz (-3dB)
- S/N Ratio: 91dB @ 10W
- Dimensions: 59 mm H x 215.4 mm W x 394 mm D
- Weight: 7 kg